Monday, January 23, 2006

Steel City Sandwich

As days go, this was a good one. We threw down on the shoot of the shopping cart skit, which went off without a hitch behind Kappy's Liquors et. al. The flying dropkick was six years in the making and supremely satisfying. Also, my favorite football team, the Pittsburgh Steelers (maybe you've heard of them?) are going to the Super Bowl in Detroit Rock City, home of my mother, on the tails of today's total domination in the AFC Championship Game. Also, I have tomorrow off, so the beer did flow. But all this was a primer for my raison d'wakinguptoday: my introduction to one of the greatest sandwiches in the history of stuff placed in between other stuff. There were two Pittsburgh natives in house today and, well, let's just say they "brought it". Sheesh. Where to start? I guess we'll start with the french fries. Now I know what you're thinking: a good batch of fries goes well with a sandwich. I would agree. But today's fries were in the sandwich. In it. In it with the Italian sausage patty, with the provolone cheese, with the sweet cabbage. Four delectible, heart attack inviting, ingredients, "sandwiched", if you will, and I trust you will, as I did, and you will, .. sandwiched between two positively delightful slices of fresh french bread. Enough to make you forget that the Steelers are going to the Super Bowl.. Except for the fact that the Steelers are going to the fucking Super Bowl!!! and great sandwiches abound in the US of A. They can have Alito. I'll take the sandwiches.

















go steelers.

No comments: