Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Dude v Cart

The first digital short, coming in at just under 4 minutes and a whopping 3.5 gig, Dude v Cart, is officially complete. Two guys (me, Nick-Lo), a camcorder, a shopping cart, iMovies, and some nifty sound mixing from Joel, and we're done. It's pretty amazing how much work goes into such a short project. I can't imagine what a massive undertaking a full length film is. I guess that's why the credits are so long. Right now, I'm sorting out how to disseminate this little bad boy. As is, it's too big to throw up on a website or blog. I found a tutorial on how to compress it to a quicktime movie format, but I need to do a little more reading/experimentation on that (ensure I have a back-up, choose a codec, etc). If I can get a version under 10 MB that's not too degraded, I can throw it up on youtube.com for free; or a version under 15 MB could suit a submission to something like Famous For 15 MB. In the meantime, I think I'm going to burn up some dvd versions, so if you'd like one, email me your physical address (and dvd + or - specs if you can only view one or the other). Or if you want me to FTP the whole thing to you and your server or you have webspace to house it, please let me know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you need a young starlet for your next film, I am representing this girl...

http://community.webshots.com/photo/548753935/2822284350059101873baSdJA

Dan Nolan said...

whoa! I could rest a beer on that thing!